The Visian ICL (Implantable Collamer Lens) is one of the latest technological advancements in vision correction. The Visian ICL is a solution for high myopic patients which offers excellent quality of vision.
Advantages of the Visian ICL:
• Quality of Vision – The Visian ICL produces not only improved visual acuity (20/20 vision is considered normal visual acuity), but also excellent visual quality. Many patients experience the "Wow" factor when they experience the immediate improvement in the quality of their vision.
• Biocompatibility – Collamer, the 100 percent pure collagen copolymer lens material of the Visian ICL, is not viewed as a foreign object by the body's immune system.
• Versatility – The Visian ICL offers a wider treatment range for myopia than LASIK and PRK procedures.
• Simplicity – Unlike traditional contact lenses, once the Visian ICL is implanted in the eye, there is no additional maintenance needed.
• Safety – After implantation in over 55,000 eyes worldwide, the Visian ICL has established a proven track record of safety.
• Lens Placement – The placement of the Visian ICL makes the lens invisible to the patient and any observer.
• Removable – The Visian ICL was designed to be permanently placed in the eye. However, the lens can be removed if a patient's vision changes or if it otherwise needs to be removed or replaced.